Just ordered the book list for the kids “Summer Reading”. My kids read 45 minutes a day, pretty much every day. But, during the summer months I have them reading a little more, at least 1 hour. Finding a good book can sometimes be a challenge. I asked the kids to make a list of their favorite books from this year.
Here are some books my kids REALLY LIKED!
Alexis’ (7th grade) list:
- My Fake Boyfriend is Better Than Yours by Kristina Springer
- Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck
- The Read Pyramid by Rick Riordan
- The Girl That Could Fly by Victoria Forester
- Charlie Bone and the Invisible Boy by Jenny Nimmo
- Dork Diaries by Rachel Renee Russell
- Models Don’t Eat Chocolate by Erin Dionne
- I Am Number FOUR by Pittacus Lore
- Theodore Boone Kid Layer by John Grisham
- Twilight Series (WARNING: This has PG 13 material)
- Pretty Little Liar Series (WARNING: This has PG 13 material)
- Harry Potter Series
Jake’s (5th grade) list:
- The Homework Machine by Dan Gutman (Note: the 2nd one he did not like at all)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series
- The Ordinary Boy Series by William Boniface
- Justin Case by School, Drool, and Other Daily Disasters by Rachel Vail
- Miracle of 49th Street by Micke Lupica
- Summer Ball by Micke Lupica
- The Big Field by Micke Lupica
- Travel Team by Micke Lupica
- Long Shot by Micke Lupica
- Hot Hand Comeback Kid by Micke Lupica
- Two Minute Drill Comeback Kid by Micke Lupica
Don’t stop learning over the summer! “Summer Brain Drain” is real!
Leave a post on any books your kids really enjoyed, be sure to add their grade level!